Thursday, January 20, 2011

Okay, here I go.

So, I am not sure about whether I will enjoy actually blogging.  I became a member because I wanted to follow "The House on the Hill".  I love reading Kathy's blogs :0) 

Now for the real problem.  I don't think that I have enough going on in my life to actually blog about. I work, cook, read, watch TV, listen to music, play with my dog, and spend time with my husband.  Although I have kind of taken a break from my guitar, I love playing it.  None of which makes great copy!

Gypsy
For now, I guess I will start by saying that I grew up in Long Point, IL.  I still love that little town and miss the simplicity and familiarity.  I went to Woodland High School, then to Dominican University in River Forest.  I majored in Sociology/Criminology.  After college, I married my high school sweetheart and love of my life, Jeremy.  Although we have been married for just 5 years, we have been dating since I was 15.  I have been with him for over half my life.  I remember telling him in 8th grade that we were going to get married.  He laughed and told me I was crazy for thinking that, we are only in 8th grade, lol.  Anyone that really knows me, knows that he basically challenged me to marry him that night :0)  And I am thankful every day that he set my stubborn crazy head on that course.  

July 23, 2005
Jeremy's job then handed us a surprise.  We packed up and moved 14 hours away to New Jersey.  Now I am working as an Assistant Supervisor in a group home for disabled adults.  I could talk about how much I love this job for far too long, so I will move on.  Will have to do another blog on my job.

This is the farthest either of us has been from family in our lifetimes.  I do have to say that I love it here, but its hard not to get lonely too.  There is definately never a shortage of things to do.  Close to the beach, the mountains, and the city.  The only way it could get better is if I could share this with family!

I remind myself all the time that I am so lucky to be part of such a large family.  Not everyone has that experience and it is something I could never imagine going without.  Even though we are scattered, I am still luckier than most.

So, I think that is me in a nutshell, sortof.

5 comments:

  1. Blogging is a great way to share what you do and where you live with that family! I keep saying it's very cheap therapy. But it really does help chase the lonelies away. And I'm going to be your first follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will be your second follower. Your family will love your blog because it will make them a part of your day to day life. And it really helps with missing each other. Believe it or not, it makes being away from Kathy a little easier. And I thoroughly enjoyed your very first post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will hope for some stuff from your kitchen. ane all those unused cookbooks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!!! Two followers, lol, I am famous!!! I was thinking about doing some kitchen blogs, that looks fun :0) I wish I would have done this last week. I roasted a 10 lb. pork shoulder. It was ridiculously huge, and made yummy carnitas. Now it all has to be in my freezer awaiting the next yummy meal. It was such a good sale that I couldn't pass it up, even if 10lbs for two people is a little overkill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do it when you pull some out of the freezer. I did one of mine the next day cause I didn't think about it at the time. I just put the left over on the plate and took a pic. Then I ate it for lunch! and I won't tell which one.

    ReplyDelete